Best of Anonymous - Volume 1

Saturday, March 24, 2012 | 16

The internet dictates that all cowardice should be rewarded, so I've decided to dedicate this week's post to all of the colorful and articulate things that random people have shared with me. I will, of course, be providing objective commentary, context, and in some cases, translations.

Best of Anonymous - Volume 1

Anonymous said:
Whenever these turn up, my immediate reaction is that my article was exactly correct and caused someone to reassess their life. Internet-badass anonymous decided that he didn't have a strong enough argument to share it with the class.
Anonymous said:
"This blogger just hates anything with "MMO" in it and obviously never played Planetside. Another idiot with a microphone." on Realistic Preview - Planetside 2
Just to clarify, I don't dictate my articles through a speech-to-text application. I type, just like everyone else. If you really believe that I hate everything with "MMO" in it, you're missing the entire point. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
Anonymous said:
"you compair a game that has been out for 2 months to a game that has been out allmost 10 years..grow a brain man" on Star Wars The Old Republic is Terrible
Sometimes in life, people decide to ignore the red squiggly line below their words, and the result can be traumatic to those of us who put in the extra .1 seconds.

Star Wars - The World of Repubcraft was the most expensive MMORPG developed in my lifetime, and the result was a poor copy of a game that is 10 years old. This can't be justified.
Anonymous said:
"Just because you refuse to join the real world and wanna make some fantasy bullshit your real life doesn't mean everybody else does. There's a reason why every poster here has nothing but bad things to say about this, go farm boars in the woods for 8 hours in your moms basement douchebag, everyone else will be working." on MMORPG Personality - Casual Gamers
Being a married adult with a real job and a mortgage doesn't prevent me from holding myself accountable with people who I've made promises to online. If you're too busy to play a videogame, please, don't play. We don't want you in our group being shitty and stinking the place up.

This has nothing to do with nerdiness, and everything to do with common courtesy, so reassess online anonymity and start acting like a fucking human being. Thank you.
Anonymous said:
"you sound really dumb muds were shit i could never and will never even entertain the idea of playing something so shit again" on What MMORPGs could learn from MUDs
I can only come to the conclusion that Anonymous didn't even finish the title of the article. I wasn't making an impassioned plea to have you, who are probably the first semi-literate member of your family, play a game that requires reading. MUDs do a lot of things better than mainstream MMORPGs. If you're interested in learning to read, try Curious George.
Anonymous said:
"Hmm, since we like to generalize... All "men" playing video games must live in mommy's basement, shower once a week if we're lucky, don't know how to use a toothbrush and drone on an on about how amazing they are in guild chat (or would that be too depressing)? Sorry... I must be one of those emotionally disturb females playing video games..." on MMORPG Personality - Women of the Internet
I love when people self-analyze. Yes. Yes you are.
Anonymous said:
"actually i have a "friend" who is exactly like this, and have met this guy plenty of times in games, the real question is why get so upset at something that doesn't effect you at all?" on MMORPG Personality - The Royal Tactician
This is a good one to close on. To answer the question, I write because it entertains me. I am not, and will never be upset by any of the crazy people in the world (included the retards above).

It was hard to sort through hundreds of hateful banter, but it reminds me of why I continue to do what I do... To offend you, the reader, personally. Fuck you all.

16 comments :

1. I might be missing how to do this but I have a suggestion. When people find this blog they immediately go through the backlog, read, and sometimes post. This style of blog even more so. I would love to see something on the side bar that works like a "recent post" section in a forum.

ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about recent comments, or recent posts? Comments take up a LOT of space.

3. Doesnt have to display the whole comment. Just something like:

Nateryl posted in Best of Anonymous
    Dissapointed posted in Best of Anonymous
    etc

ReplyDelete
  4. I got a chuckle from this read and prayed non of my nonsense made the cut lol.

ReplyDelete
  5. Who cares if it did? If you comment anonymously there is absolutely no way anyone can hold you accountable regardless of how crazy you seem.

ReplyDelete
  6. Unlike most people here, I agree with everything on this blog. The way they design current MMOs is seriously flawed, filled with redundancies, contradictions, and they are BAT SHIT scared out of their mind to try anything new.

I found this blog by typing in google "Why do all MMOs fucking suck?"

ReplyDelete
  7. Another problem is they force NPCs to be the center of attention. Players have no impact and interaction is intentionally limited to near zero. It's all about the NPCs. You are their bitch and you WILL obey them, SLAVE!

ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I definitely never understood that. MMORPGs are supposed to be played with (or against) players, and the randomness of unscripted player-driven situations can't be replicated in any other genre. I wonder why publishers/investors/developers try so hard to remove (what I consider) the most important aspect.

ReplyDelete
  9. Found your site a week or so ago. Been trying to force the rest of my friends to check you out. When you are right... you're right! The amusement park MMO of today have to go. Someone please take what UO did right and merge it with what some of today's MMOs do right. Some people do like adversity and a challenges in their games. We all aren't simpletons who need to be guided in our play.

Keep giving them hell.

ReplyDelete
  10. It would be harder to stop than it is to continue. Feel free to request articles on the forum.

ReplyDelete
  11. I personally hate all MMORPGS, even the ones that don't exist because it is all going to be the same goddamn thing every time.

They advertise like: BE THE HERO! CONQUER THE (insert villain/object/corporation/etc here) AND GET THE POWER!

In reality: You are a powerless wimp, unable to kill any "boss" alone. Instead you need 24 other people to help you be the "hero". FUCK MMORPGS.

ReplyDelete
  12. Also you're dependent on other people in mmos like you're on a fucking life support. Fucking cunt developers are all milking the same cow that is already dead, hence why wow lost 3 million subs.

ReplyDelete
  13. You seem like an angry person. I like it.

ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.